Leeds Student Medical Practice/
Brief mental health interventions for patients at LSMP/The Light Surgery
What we do
The Leeds Student Medical Practice (LSMP)/The Light Surgery Mental Health Advisor service offers a triage, assessment, formulation and signposting function.
All appointments are for a single session, with some patients having a follow-up session where appropriate.
LSMP/The Light Surgery patients presenting with the following can be referred to the Mental Health Advisors:
- depression/low mood
- anxiety – including social or health anxiety
- sleep difficulties
- panic attacks
- work or academic stress
- acute distress in response to a specific life event – e.g. relationship breakdown, bereavement
- mild/moderate disordered eating
- isolation or a limited support network.
LSMP/The Light Surgery patients can also be referred to the service where:
- additional assessment is needed prior to potential Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service referral for IAPT therapy
- they are deemed unsuitable or have been declined by the Community Mental Health team (CMHT).
How to refer
Only LSMP/The Light Surgery patients can be referred, by GPs within these practices.
For more detail about how we use your information, please see our Privacy Notice for Leeds Student Medical Practice/The Light Surgery Mental Health Advisors.
of patients reported they would recommend the service to others.
”The MHA was patient and took the time to understand my issues and offered me advice best suited to my situation, needs and preferences.”
Partners & commissioners
The LSMP/The Light Surgery Mental Health Advisor service is run by Northpoint Wellbeing and commissioned by Leeds Student Medical Practice and The Light Surgery.