COVID-19 update September 2020
We understand that service users and staff will be feeling anxious and vulnerable at this time. Northpoint’s aim is to continue to provide vital support and services to clients and staff throughout the COVID 19 pandemic and we have developed plans for all of our services and teams.
As the situation with COVID-19 evolves across our region we are looking at the best way we can offer our different services. In some cases, where there is clinical need and a demand from service users, we are beginning to offer some face to face therapy. At the same time, the majority of our work continues to be offered remotely, either by phone or by video conferencing. As always, we are guided by government policy and guidelines in all that we do, with the safety of our service users and staff being a priority for us.
- Our offices are closed, please contact us by telephone or email in the usual way and understand that response to items posted/delivered to our offices will be subject to a delay in response. Invoices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northpoint Wellbeing, formerly Leeds Counselling, is a registered charity with a mission to help people experiencing emotional distress.
We work across West Yorkshire, and offer a range of services:
- Calderdale Open Minds (CAMHS) – for children & young people in Calderdale
- Children’s Centre Counselling Service – a free counselling service for parents & carers of young children (0-5) in Leeds
- Employee Counselling Service – provides employer-funded counselling to organisations
- Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service – we work in partnership with other organisations across Leeds and NHS partners to deliver this service. It’s here to help the people of Leeds get the right support, at the right time and in the right place.
- Leeds Therapy Centre – a gateway for clients who want to access private therapy services
- mondays @ northpoint – a free emotional wellbeing service for women who have been sexually abused in childhood
- thursdays @ northpoint – a free emotional wellbeing service for men who have been sexually abused in childhood
- School Counselling Leeds – for children & young people in Leeds
- Yorkshire Centre for Eating Disorders Carers’ Support Group – a carers’ support group that aims to support people who care for anyone over 18 who is living with an eating disorder