We understand that service users and staff will be feeling anxious and vulnerable at this time. Northpoint’s aim is to continue to provide vital support and services to clients and staff throughout the COVID 19 pandemic and we have developed plans for all of our services and teams.
Northpoint understands that the need for mental health and wellbeing support is likely to increase, and we want to reassure services users, partners and others that we will continue to offer as much support as we can.
We are following Public Health England advice closely and offering staff regular updates to help guide implementation of our plans introduced in response to the COVID 19 threat.
- Our workforce is now homebased until further notice.
- We are offering, wherever possible, 1-1 support using telephone and/or online meetings. Your therapist will endeavour to contact you to arrange this.
- Our offices are closed, please contact us by telephone or email in the usual way and understand that response to items posted/delivered to our offices will be subject to a delay in response. Invoices should be sent to email@example.com.
Northpoint Wellbeing, formerly Leeds Counselling, is a registered charity with a mission to help people experiencing emotional distress.
We work across West Yorkshire, and offer a range of services:
- Calderdale Tier 2 CAMHS – for children & young people in Calderdale
- Children’s Centre Counselling Service – a free counselling service for parents & carers of young children (0-5) in Leeds
- Employee Counselling Service – provides employer-funded counselling to organisations
- Leeds Group Therapy – weekly group therapy sessions, facilitated by a group psychotherapist.
- Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service – we work in partnership with other organisations across Leeds and NHS partners to deliver this service. It’s here to help the people of Leeds get the right support, at the right time and in the right place.
- Leeds Therapy Centre – a gateway for clients who want to access private therapy services
- mondays @ northpoint – a free emotional wellbeing service for women who have been sexually abused in childhood
- thursdays @ northpoint – a free emotional wellbeing service for men who have been sexually abused in childhood
- School Counselling Leeds – for children & young people in Leeds
- Yorkshire Centre for Eating Disorders Carers’ Support Group – a carers’ support group that aims to support people who care for anyone over 18 who is living with an eating disorder