Mental health and wellbeing services for adults registered with a Leeds GP
What we do
Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service (LMWS) is a partnership of organisations working to support the emotional wellbeing of the people of Leeds. We provide support and psychological therapies for common mental health problems such as anxiety and depression.
We offer a range of support via your GP, other health professionals or self-referral. The service gives access to a number of evidence-based psychological interventions for specific difficulties, including group-based and 1:1 therapies, classes, one-off sessions and online support.
LMWS support and treatment options include localised individual support within your GP practice/primary care service and, on a city-wide basis:
- guided online self-help
- stress and mood management groups and classes
- cognitive behavioural therapy
- interpersonal psychotherapy
- counselling for depression
- eye movement desensitisation reprogramming (EMDR)
- employment support and advice.
For more information, please see the LMWS website.
You can access Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service if you are:
- aged 17 or over
- registered with a Leeds GP
- experiencing common mental health issues such as stress, depression, anxiety or post-traumatic stress.
How to refer
Please refer yourself via the Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service website. All referrals and waiting list enquiries are handled centrally by LMWS, so if you need to contact them after referral, call 0113 843 4388. The privacy notice for this service is also available on this website.
“I was referred to LMWS by my GP… I felt listened to and respected by my therapist. I was able to talk about issues which I had not previously spoken about with anyone. I was offered new perspectives and given reassurance in myself. I am in a whole different place now, so thank you”.
Partners & commissioners
Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service is commissioned by NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group and is a partnership of organisations across Leeds:
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds GP Confederation
- Northpoint Wellbeing
- Community Links
- Women’s Counselling and Therapy Service
- Homestart Leeds Community Healthcare
- Ieso Digital Health