Mental health and wellbeing services for children and young people in Calderdale
What we do
Open Minds, previously Calderdale Tier 2 CAMHS, provides signposting, advice and direct intervention services for children and young people in Calderdale experiencing emotional and mental health problems. We work closely with partners in the South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SWYFT) and wider services to ensure that children and young people can access the support they need in a timely manner.
We deliver services from a number of accessible venues across Calderdale, including libraries, schools and children’s centres. Our practitioners make use of digital and other remote interventions as well as face-to-face work.
Our services include:
- First Point of Contact, a single point of access for all Open Minds referrals (including ASD and ADHD) in Calderdale – offering consultation, support, advice and referral guidance to parents/carers, young people and professionals in the Calderdale area
- Therapeutic and wellbeing practitioners – delivering time-limited and evidence-based interventions to children and young people who need help
- Mental health training to professionals – via the workforce development team and in schools
- Schools Link Worker – working strategically with schools around mental and emotional health issues
- Transition Support Project in schools, for children in Years 5 & 6 – working closely with partner agencies to deliver transition support
For more information about our services and how to contact us, please see our website.
School-aged children up to 18 experiencing emotional or mental health problems can access the Open Minds service.
How to refer
The Open Minds First Point of Contact receives around
non-urgent referrals each year.
“I found the referral process really helpful, and the service was accessible. The people I spoke to were professional, kind and helpful. I immediately felt reassured and knew that we would get the help we needed.”
Partners & commissioners
Open Minds is commissioned by Calderdale Council and NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and run by Northpoint Wellbeing as part of the Open Minds partnership. The partnership comprises Northpoint Wellbeing, the South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SWYT), Noah’s Ark and other partners.