We understand that service users and staff will be feeling anxious and vulnerable at this time. Northpoint’s aim is to continue to provide vital support and services to clients and staff throughout the COVID 19 pandemic and we have developed plans for all of our services and teams.
Northpoint understands that the need for mental health and wellbeing support is likely to increase, and we want to reassure services users, partners and others that we will continue to offer as much support as we can.
We are following Public Health England advice closely and offering staff regular updates to help guide implementation of our plans introduced in response to the COVID 19 threat.
- Our workforce is now homebased until further notice.
- We are offering, wherever possible, face to face support using telephone and/or online meetings. Your therapist will endeavour to contact you to arrange this.
- Our offices are closed, please contact us by telephone or email in the usual way and understand that response to items posted/delivered to our offices will be subject to a delay in response. Invoices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide free counselling for parents and carers of young children in the Leeds area. This support is available to anyone who has caring responsibility for a child aged 5 or under, or who is pregnant, or whose partner is pregnant.
The service is free, independent, professional and confidential.
Counselling sessions are held at various Children’s Centres in the areas listed below. We only work in certain centres, but parents/carers from other areas are welcome to use the service.
Some feedback from recent clients:
- 98% reported that counselling had helped them in their role as a parent/carer
- 97% reported that their children had benefited from parent/carer counselling
- 77% achieved a clinically measurable improvement or recovery in their emotional health
To access the Children’s Centre Counselling Service, you can call or text your nearest counsellor (details below), or refer yourself online.
|North West Leeds|
|Burley, Hawksworth, Kirkstall, Little London, Woodhouse||Andrea||07985 959071|
|North East Leeds|
|Burmantofts, Chapeltown, Gipton, Harehills, Richmond Hill||Pam||07985 959072|
|Halton, Meadowfield, Seacroft, Swarcliffe||Sue||07962 655667|
|Belle Isle, Cottingley, Holbeck, Hunslet||Karen||07985 960937|
|Beeston, Middleton||Pam||07985 959072|
|Farnley, Swinnow||Andrea||07985 959071|
|Armley, Bramley, Castleton, Hollybush, Wortley||Debbie||07932 111934|